Mechanistic studies on the ring-opening polymerisation of D,L-lactide with zinc guanidine complexes
© Herres-Pawlis et al; licensee BioMed Central Ltd. 2010
Published: 04 May 2010
In order to substitute heavy-metal-based catalyst systems, especially zinc guanidine complexes are suited for the polymerisation due to their polymerisation activity and non-toxicity . The investigations on the catalytic potential in the bulk polymerisation of lactide have shown that these compounds are able to act as initiators for lactide polymerisation with only few exceptions. Polylactides with molecular weights (M W ) between 20.000 and 170.000 g/mol could be obtained.
- Bigg DM: Adv Polym Tech. 2005, 24: 69-10.1002/adv.20032.View ArticleGoogle Scholar
- Kricheldorf HR, Meier-Haak J: Macromol Chem. 1993, 194: 715-10.1002/macp.1993.021940229.View ArticleGoogle Scholar
- Kricheldorf HR: Chemosphere. 2001, 43: 49-10.1016/S0045-6535(00)00323-4.View ArticleGoogle Scholar
- Börner J, Herres-Pawlis S, Flörke U, Huber K: Eur J Inorg Chem. 2007, 5645-10.1002/ejic.200700894.Google Scholar
- Börner J, Flörke U, Huber K, Döring A, Kuckling D, Herres-Pawlis S: Chem Eur J. 2009, 15: 2362-. 10.1002/chem.200802128.View ArticleGoogle Scholar
This article is published under license to BioMed Central Ltd.